Learn how the NNNGOs is helping its members and nonprofits with Covid-19
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Position Title: Communications Officer
Organization: Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF)
Location: London (hybrid working – 2 days remote per week)
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Hours: 09:30-17:30 GMT, Monday-Friday
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section title=”Job summary ” tab_id=”1654270031928-e91e5d65-69f3″][vc_column_text]The Communications Officer plays a key role in helping plan and deliver the Mo Ibrahim Foundation’s communications and managing its engagements with external audiences.
This role sits between the Communications and Digital teams, with regular interaction with the Head of Digital and Digital Communications Lead. The Communications Officer works closely with MIF’s partners and external agencies, and reports to the Director of Operations.
With responsibility for external communications content across media and digital channels, the role requires strong copy-writing and editing skills.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Key responsibilities” tab_id=”1654270031949-c4b79646-022b”][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Person specification” tab_id=”1654270493520-1ed8e2c8-ae21″][vc_column_text]• A genuine interest in the mission and values of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation
• Four or more years of relevant communications experience
• A demonstrated familiarity with development issues, with discussions and debates around governance, democracy, international affairs and policy
• Experience of supporting communications efforts around high profile events
• Experience with planning tools such as Airtable, publishing tools such as Hootsuite and Buffer as well as CRM and content management systems
• Familiarity with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as image banks
• Experience with high profile organisations and initiatives in Africa is desirable
• Knowledge of French, Portuguese, Arabic or African languages will be beneficial[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Application procedure” tab_id=”1654270565912-ed313cb5-da15″][vc_column_text]Please send up to date CV and a brief covering statement outlining your interest in and suitability for the role to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line. Please note that we are only able to contact candidates selected for interview.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 29 April 2022.
Please note that flexible working hours and international travel may be required for this position.
Candidates should have the right to work in the UK.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]