Learn how the NNNGOs is helping its members and nonprofits with Covid-19
Head of Procurement Governance at a Citizen Sector Organization with Headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria
Location: Abuja, NG
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
To oversee impactful delivery of the organization’s programs, through effective planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of public procurement governance programs in line with the organization’s mandate.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Programs & Portfolio Management
o Develop the organization’s Public Procurement Governance (PPG) Program Plan, incorporating existing public information disclosure portals based on the Open Contracting Data Standards, Freedom of Information, public procurement, and contract implementation monitoring.
o Develop implementation plans for PPG within the framework of the Program Plan.
o Develop PPG’s fundraising plan.
o Ensure the implementation of the above-referenced strategy/fundraising plans.
o Ensure the expansion of PPG’s current programming offering and also institute plans to enhance the quality of existing programs.
o Ensure every Procurement Governance project/programme has its monitoring, expenditure and evaluation plan.
Leadership and Management
o Ensure the development and implementation of annual departmental targets and assess program officers on the achievements of the targets.
o Develop, update and orient program staff to the organization’s project cycle management including programme procedures and reporting mechanisms.
o Oversee the programs department to ensure targets are met and ensure employee well-being.
o Develop and recommend an annual training/capacity building plan based on programmatic priorities.
o Supervise direct reports.
o Ensure departmental budget is submitted within given timelines.
o Ensure cost efficiency in the department in line with the organization’s financial strategy/plans.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Public Administration, Law, Management or related field.
• A Master’s will be an added advantage.
• 8 years’ experience, of which three (3) should be in a managerial position and at least two (2) in grant management position.
• Experience undergoing external program performance evaluations.
• Proficiency in grant writing and management, networking, program development, program management.
• Experience managing programs funded by a diversity of sources including, aid agencies, private sector donors and individual benefactors will be an advantage.
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of OGP, OCDS Standards and public procurement will also be an advantage.
To apply, please click this link: https://tinyurl.com/REFHOP
Application closes by April 26, 2022.