Learn how the NNNGOs is helping its members and nonprofits with Covid-19
The Regional Civil Society Resource Hub – Project Officer will be report to and be under the direct supervision of the Head of Policy Influencing and Advocacy Unit (PIA).
The Project Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination of planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, communication and reporting of a five-year regional project designed to respond to the capacity gaps of civil society organisations working around issues of civic space in West Africa, with specific attention to Nigeria, Senegal and Ghana.
• Work with the Head of Policy Influencing and Advocacy unit and Project Officer to conceptualize, design and implement projects in line with WACSI’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives
• Develop annual workplan/activities, and budget in line with global project plan and keep project on schedule and within available budget
• Coordinate the building, strengthening and managing engagements between and among project beneficiaries, partners and contractors.
• Lead the conceptualisation, coordination and facilitation of High-Level Policy Dialogues, consultative forum and related workshops around civic space and regional advocacy, digital security and data protection, philanthropy and civic organizing across the region
• Coordinate the design and update of training tools such as toolkits, modules, and other training resources on civic space, organizational governance, digital security and strategic communications.
• Coordinate research, write and produce policy and advocacy outputs, such as reports, briefings, fact sheets, press releases, short articles for (and on) relevant policy meetings
• Lead the scanning, documenting and regular update of data and potential information for the project on emerging issues (around democracy, governance, civic space, digital security and technology, financial resilience, organisation governance and strategic communications) and opportunities occurring at local and international policy levels
• Coordinate interactions/relationships between project staff, beneficiaries, partners, contractors and all other project stakeholders
• Coordinate the development of innovative tools and promotional material for effective knowledge sharing, campaigning, networking and resource mobilisation
• Participate in unit and cross-unit annual work planning and proposal development, and rapporteuring needs
• Serve as liaison between units at WACSI, consultants, associates, partners and project beneficiaries
• Produce project reports, fact sheets, annual report and databases of project stakeholders
• Represent institute at local and international projects meetings, forum or workshops
• Any other duties that will be assigned by the Head of the Policy Influencing and Advocacy Unit or the Executive Director
Other responsibilities – Project communications, M&E and knowledge management
• Monitor implementation of project objectives, policies and practices in accordance with partners expectations
• Facilitate the development of the project monitoring and evaluation indicators, framework
and ensure close monitoring of activities
• Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of project achievements in close cooperation with the Knowledge Management Unit of WACSI and project partners;
• Manage project marketing and communications (media relations, social media)
• Prepare reports on the progress of the project, including reports on the financial situation of the project (in collaboration with Finance team)
• Develops promotional literature for the project such as brochures, newsletters and flyers
• Establish and manage mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the in-country and regional level.
Other responsibilities – Liaison with partners and key stakeholders
• Initiate and coordinate effective dialogue with key stakeholders within WACSI and with project partners, consultants and beneficiaries
• Ensure regular communication and knowledge management and consultation with project partners, consultants and beneficiaries
• Act as the secretariat in supporting the convening of bi-annual project steering committee meeting and ensure follow-up on decisions and recommendations.
Educational Qualification & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Law, Development Studies, Social Science or related subjects, with an advanced degree preferred
• At least 5 years of professional experience in any of these fields — civil society, civic space, advocacy and human rights, democracy and governance, social justice and accountability, digital activism, institutional development or related subject
• At least 3 years previous working experience as a project officer, project coordinator, network coordinator, programme officer or coordinator — in regional capacity.
• Strong interest in civil society, civic space issues, advocacy and human rights, democracy and governance, social justice and accountability, digital institutional development in West Africa
• Deep knowledge in civil society sector and good knowledge in – civic space (civil society enabling environment) and technology for development (digital security and protection)
• Knowledgeable with issues of shrinking civic space and its impact on civil society operations and civic engagement in West Africa.
• Good knowledge of ECOWAS region, its raison d’état and development ambitions
• Experience in project management or programme coordination in multiple countries.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with knowledge of data analysis tools
• Rich experience in project monitoring and evaluation, and hands-on knowledge of M&E tools
• Experience in producing communication pieces, such as newsletter, press releases, briefs etc.
• Good communication and excellent writing skills in English and French Languages
• Ability to pay attention to details and multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and deliver results under strict deadline
• Exceptional interpersonal, people-management and organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate, execute and report project goals in multiple countries
• Ability to organize conferences, workshop and meeting events — virtually and physically
• Ability to document findings and processes to enhance organizational learning
• Perfectly bilingual (in French and English) with high proficiency in English Language
• Experienced in working in a multicultural and highly diverse environment.
Interested applicants should send their Resume, Cover Letter (in French and English) and written
samples to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with their names and job title as the Subject
– REGIONAL CIVIL SOCIETY RESOURCE HUB – PROJECT OFFICER (Diallo Elizabeth Kwame)
Application deadline: Wednesday 6 April 2022 at 1159GMT
You may also apply using the job link here https://smrtr.io/8sRM7
**Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.