Learn how the NNNGOs is helping its members and nonprofits with Covid-19
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Position title: Research Assistant (postgraduate position)
Organisation: Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF)
Location: London (hybrid working – 2 days remote per week)
Reporting to: Research Director; Senior Researchers
Hours: 09:30-17:30 GMT, Monday-Friday
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £24,000[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section title=”Job summary ” tab_id=”1654271153182-735cf498-29b0″][vc_column_text]Working as part of a small research team, the Research Assistant will contribute to the production and delivery of two of the main initiatives of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation: the Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG) and the Ibrahim Forum Report, as well as other adhoc research work such as writing briefings, blogs and other research pieces.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Key responsibilities” tab_id=”1654271153200-a4c9f03a-c27e”][vc_column_text]The Research Assistant will assist the Foundation’s research team in its core work, contributing to all research but specifically in the production and refinement of the IIAG and the Foundation’s annual Forum Report (a research publication supporting discussions at the Foundation’s annual Forum, focussing on a different governance topic every year).
Day-to-day tasks include participating in desk-based research of governance topics, conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis, supporting the team’s researchers, analysts and senior managers in production of research publications and pieces. Research team staff also support all Foundation related events and activities, and Board members when required. The ideal candidate will be passionate about governance, data driven research and Africa, with experience in conducting research and analysis on governance and/or development issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Experience and qualifications” tab_id=”1654271513667-1f8f9454-21c9″][vc_column_text]The ideal candidate should have:
• A postgraduate degree in a relevant subject or be enrolled in one
• Demonstrated interest in the international development sector, ideally with a focus on development and governance/public policies in Africa
• Experience in and/or a strong desire to carry out and learn data analysis and
quantitative data work[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Person specification” tab_id=”1654271562939-bb7e8c01-d129″][vc_column_text]• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable with managing and interpreting numerical data
• Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods/design is
• Interest in using and learning data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel or Tableau
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Highly organised, with the ability to work to deadlines under pressure
• Willingness to learn and ability to pick up new concepts and skills quickly
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to be diplomatic and deal with highlevel stakeholders and officials tactfully and effectively, in a multi-cultural environment
• The ability to join and contribute to the work of a small team
• Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of French, Arabic or Portuguese is
• Candidates with knowledge of statistical packages such as Stata or R are
encouraged to apply[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Application procedure” tab_id=”1654271631512-afe7fe04-2f04″][vc_column_text]Please send up to date CV and a one-page covering statement outlining your interest in and suitability for the role to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line.
Please note that we are only able to contact candidates selected for interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Please note that flexible working hours and international travel may be required for this position.
Candidates should have the right to work in the UK[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]