Learn how the NNNGOs is helping its members and nonprofits with Covid-19
The Centre for Human Rights invites applications for tutors for the LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa
Call for applications: Tutors for the LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa
The Centre for Human Rights seeks a qualified person who can combine the roles of a doctoral candidate and act as a tutor for the Centre’s flagship Master’s programme in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa. This is a one-year position, but is renewable depending on the availability of funding, the Centre’s operational needs and the incumbent’s performance. The successful applicant should be able to start on 1 January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Responsibilities as tutor:
• Research on topics related to human rights in Africa;
• Publication of accredited research outputs;
• Tutoring of Master’s students; and
• Being involved with the daily operations of the LLM/MPhil (Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa).
• A Masters’ degree in human rights law or in a closely related field.
• Some lecturing or teaching experience, preferably in tertiary education and/or civil society sector;
• Experience as part of diverse, multi-national team; and
• Leadership experience.
• 3 years (minimum guaranteed period)
• January 2023
• Centre for Human Rights
R220 000 covers the following:
• Tuition and registration fees
• Accommodation in University of Pretoria student residences (or equivalent ZAR amount)
• A monthly stipend for your research work and personal assistance
• Contribution towards medical insurance
Qualified applicants should submit their applications, in English, consisting of:
• A letter of motivation one page long, indicating how the applicant meets the eligibility criteria (and indicating when the applicant would be able to start);
• A Curriculum Vitae (CV) of not more than 4 pages, with at least 2 contactable professional referees; and
• An outline of your proposed doctoral research (500 words).
Applications should be submitted via email to Dr. Primrose E.R. Kurasha –
email@example.com – with the subject line 2023 tutor for LLM/MPhil (Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa)
Applications close on Monday 14 November 2022. No late applications will be accepted.