[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_btn title=”Download the Document here” color=”danger” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fnnngo.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F08%2FRFQ-Programme-Manager-Country-Support-NGA-Consultant.docx|title:Download%20here|target:%20_blank|”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
August 8, 2022
August 22, 2022
|All responses by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Submissions are due before midnight Geneva Time on the Closing Date)
- Background and Introduction
Gavi Alliance’s (“Gavi”) mission is to save children’s lives and protect people’s health by increasing access to immunisation in poor countries.
Gavi is a unique organisation that aligns public and private resources in a global effort to create greater access to the benefits of immunisation. It does this with precision and in creative, innovative ways to ensure that donor contributions efficiently save lives and help build self-sufficiency in the world’s poorest communities and regions.
For more information, please visit the Gavi website: http://www.gavi.org/about/mission
- Background of the team and purpose of the role
Programme Managers (PM) play an important role in Gavi’s mission to ensure that children in the world’s poorest countries are vaccinated against deadly diseases such as hepatitis B, diarrhoeal disease, pneumococcal disease, measles, meningitis A, and cervical cancer.
They help to ensure countries deploy Gavi supported vaccines, direct financial support, and technical support effectively and transparently. They support the Senior Country Manager to assess and manage risks and they monitor the performance of Gavi-funded programmes. They also participate in the solving of problems that hold back programme implementation. Responsibilities and desired skillset can vary depending on the team’s nature i.e., Core, Conflict/Fragile and High Impact, and scope of the consultancy.
This Consultancy position will be within the High Impact team and will dedicated to support Nigeria and would be based within Nigeria, to advance Gavi engagement with the states around zero-dose programme and other priorities.
- Description of Services:
- Provide in-person day-to-day in-country engagement with government counterparts at national and sub-national levels, core and expanded partners, and other relevant stakeholders in line with agreed Nigeria country team priorities.
- Work with the government and partners to ensure sound understanding of and compliance with Gavi policies and processes with focus on key requirements, agreed timelines, formats and quality standards.
- Complete timely and thorough review of key portfolio management processes including timely and proactive support services to the Senior Country Manager, Programme Manager, Country Team members and in-country partners.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Gavi policies and processes with focus on key requirements, agreed timelines, formats and quality standards.
- Proactive identification of and action on issues and escalation of perceived risks related to portfolio management and other tasks under PM’s responsibility.
- Timely and quality delivery of specific work streams/projects, as agreed with SCM and Country Team members.
- Collaborate with relevant Gavi Secretariat colleagues and country and partner agency counterparts.
- Ensure timely, high-quality communication of Gavi information (funding decisions, Board policy, etc.) to senior country officials and other stakeholders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Below is an illustrative list of duties and responsibilities that could be asked of a consultant to maintain and engage on critical deliverables. This list is not exhaustive but is indicative.
- Support SCM and Country Team members with overall Alliance engagement with country at national and sub-national levels.
- Work in tandem with the Programme Manager on the Portfolio with a clear division of tasks and plans to ensure business continuity in their absence as well as work in tandem with other Country Team members on assigned tasks aligned with country team priorities, assisting with additional tasks to ensure business continuity in the absence of any Country Team members.
- Act as liaison to prepare for and to coordinate stakeholder meetings including the drafting of briefings as requested.
- Maintain files and key information and documents for easy reference.
Portfolio Management – Plan & Design
- Support Nigeria state-level engagement, zero-dose programming, Full Portfolio Planning process (HSS-3 programming), and various cash and vaccine grants.
- Support SCM and the Country Team to engage with national and sub-national levels to plan and design tailored strategies, with specific tasks to follow up on 8 MoU states and other states of priority for programming.
Portfolio Management – Review, Approve, Disburse
- Support coordination of quality assurance, compliance and pre-screening across teams before the review of the Independent Review Committee (IRC); following review, facilitate any required follow-up.
- Support finalisation of grant-making post IRC review: multi-year approval; budget and work plan; Grant Management Requirements; draft grant agreements; and initiate, track and monitor disbursements.
Portfolio Management – Implement & Monitor
- Support day-to-day problem solving to ensure that programme implementation is effective, impactful, across all streams of support, with pro-active coordination of reprogramming against needs.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- Location: Abuja or Kano, Nigeria with frequent travel to other states and Geneva.
- Qualifications and work experience required:
- University degree in public health, health economics, development or social sciences, business administration (with experience in international development) or related field, or other relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience working in public health or international development at increasing levels of seniority.
- Experience in immunisation programmes or health systems a strong asset.
- Experience working in/with developing countries on technical issues a strong asset.
- Experience of working in Nigeria and engagement with state level stakeholders would be a strong asset.
- Some grant-, project- and/or programme-management experience required, including in situations of considerable complexity, challenging environments and political sensitivity.
- Experience in bilateral and multilateral aid environments would be an asset.
- Strategic and proactive problem solver who can work with ambiguous situations and make sound and decisive decisions.
- Able portfolio manager with knowledge of the various steps of Gavi’s grant management processes.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills; ability to engage in an international environment with multiple government, partner and donor stakeholders.
- Proven track record with Gavi systems highly desired.
Note: short-listed candidates may be asked to complete a timed test to demonstrate their data management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential.
- Duration of Assignment: 12 months with potential extension based on need, availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
- Selection Process and expected timelines
- Interested parties should respond by completing Annex One and returning their application before midnight on the Closing Date.
- Gavi will shortlist and invite for written tests and/or interviews (1-2 weeks).
- Contract negotiation and signature (1-2 weeks).
We are committed to fostering a just, equitable and diverse culture free from racism and discrimination in which all staff, partners and stakeholders feel empowered, safe and heard.
If you wish to apply, please visit our Careers webpage and apply by sending your application to email@example.com with the title 131-2022-GAVI-RFQ – “Programme Manager, High Impact, Nigeria ” before the closing date of August 20, 2022.
Please note that as a vaccine organisation and in order to provide duty of care towards its employees, consultants, and individual contractors working on site, Gavi is requiring all of them to confirm that they are fully vaccinated*) against Covid-19 as a condition for engagement with us.
*) Fully vaccinated means one of the following categories:
- You have received one dose of the Covid-19 vaccination listed in WHO’s Emergency Use Listing, and you are scheduled to receive a second dose in the near future, or you have previously had Covid-19 thereby exempting you from a second dose.
- You have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccination.
- You have received one dose of the J&J Covid-19 vaccine.
|Consultancy Opportunity for the services of
PROGRAMME MANAGER, HIGH IMPACT, NIGERIA (BASED IN ABUJA, NIGERIA)
(Gavi reference 131-2021-GAVI-RFQ)
IF ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW IS CONFIDENTIAL, PLEASE STATE SO IN THE RESPONSE.
|Address of residence:
|☐Non-profit ☐ For-profit
|Daily rate (currency & amount):
|Resume (attach CV) or description of past services, similar to this position:
|Short letter outlining motivation and relevance of experience to date:
|Valid passport and work permit (*)
|☐ Yes ☐No
|This information certified by:
|☐Gavi Website ☐ Devex
* Applicants must hold a valid working permit for the Country where they are based. Please note if applicant is selected, a copy of their passport, will be required. In the event that the work location is Switzerland, Gavi may at its discretion assist the Consultant in obtaining a Work Permit in Switzerland for the duration of the contract.
Please do not submit generic marketing materials, broadly descriptive attachments, or other general literature.
CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY RULES
Gavi invites you to submit a competitive bid by responding to this “Consultancy Opportunity”, based on the below outlined rules:
- This entire Consultancy Opportunity and all related discussions, meetings, exchanges of information, and subsequent negotiations that may occur are confidential.
- The issuance of this Consultancy Opportunity in no way commits Gavi to make an award. Gavi is under no obligation to justify the reasons for its supplier(s) choices as a result of this Consultancy Opportunity . Gavi may choose not to justify its business rewarding decision to the participants to this tender.
- Gavi reserves the right to:
- reject any proposal without obligation or liability to the potential bidder.
- withdraw this Consultancy Opportunity at any time before or after submission of bids, without prior notice, explanation, or reason.
- accept other than the lowest price offer.
- award a contract on the basis of initial offers received, without discussions or requests for best and final offers.
- decide not to award any contract to any bidder responding to this Consultancy Opportunity.
- You agree that your bid is valid for no less than sixty (60) days from the quotation due date.
- Faxed copies will not be accepted. Late quotations are subject to rejection.
- Gavi reserves the right to request additional data, information, discussions or presentations to support part of, or your entire bid proposal. Bidders or their representatives must be available to discuss the details of their proposal during the evaluation process.
- All responses should be submitted in electronic format.
- The proposed timeline set out above indicates the process Gavi intends to follow. Gavi reserves the right to make changes to this timeline.
- If the applicant is a US Citizen or resident (Green Card holder) or a non-US person living or working in the US, Applicants should be aware of OFAC regulations.