Position: National Administration and Logistics Officer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: National Programme Coordinator
The Administration and logistics officer will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative running of the project, handling logistics of meetings, training and other program activities. The Admin and Logistics officer would be working 100% on the project.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Administration/ Logistics Management
- Ensure store, asset, fleet, and administration operations are implemented effectively
- Coordination and logistics: Ensure all project administrative activities are coordinated effectively.
- Scheduling and meetings: Coordinate meeting arrangements, including informing team members, booking meeting rooms, and updating management/staff calendars.
- Support Finance with timesheets collection for the project team
- Coordinate workshop/training events as required, including hotel liaison, participant confirmation, invitations, travel arrangements, supplies and materials, equipment hire and providing point of contact support for participants during scheduled events.
- Ensure budget allocation for smooth running administrative and logistics activities is monitored and utilised properly
- Conduct logistics compliance check
- Produce report for all project meetings attended
Human Resource Management
- Manage the staffing process including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help employees understand their job responsibilities.
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and bring them to resolution
- Use performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to the team
- Ensure all PPDC’s organizational policies are applied consistently
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Educational / Professional Background: –
- Degree in Logistic Management/ Business Administration / Procurement/Social Sciences or related field of studies and at least 5 years work experience out of which 3 years in a similar position.
- Previous experience with an NGO or USAID-funded projects is an advantage.
- Comfortable working on projects involving multiple teams across multiple states.
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Organizational, communication and people skills, with knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles.
- Proven interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and to influence and support the development of recommendations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure, Able to work in a team and independently, someone who works well with others.
- Planning and organization skills on short and long-time frames, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Solutions oriented focused on programme outcomes, budgeting management skills including effective use of resources.
- Problem solver—able to think out of the box, has analytical skills, Able to keep the big picture in mind and work in detail.
- Comfortable facilitating meetings and bringing people together.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and copy letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 24th August 2022