[vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion style=”outline” color=”juicy-pink” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Policy Overview” tab_id=”1598959091724-63c08fa9-7878″][vc_column_text]
This policy describes what personal data we collect, how we use it, and your rights. We collect information from you when you visit and take actions on our website, apply for membership, register for, and attend our workshops, complete surveys, or provide feedback. We use this information to provide services you have requested. We use web analytics tools to track usage patterns and communications planning. Except for the purposes outlined below, we will not trade, share, or sell your personal data with anyone.
Refer to the policy of complete details.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Introduction” tab_id=”1598959091741-5dcaaf96-d564″][vc_column_text]
This data protection policy describes how the Nigeria Network of NGOs (‘NNNGO’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) protects and makes use of the information that you may provide to us when you use our website and/or when you sign-up to become a member on behalf of an organisation and/or when you attend our events and/or complete survey/provide feedback.
This policy explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you contact us by phone, email, letter, attend any of our events or when you use any of our websites listed below:
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. Where we have asked you to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will be used in accordance with applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy in Nigeria. This includes, but is not limited to, the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019, and, from 18 August 2020, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679). We may update or amend this data protection policy from time to time and will notify you if there are any changes.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What information do we collect about you?” tab_id=”1598959165577-7049da43-3017″][vc_column_text]
We collect information about you when you fill in an online form to:
- Register for a website account or update your account details
- Sign up for email updates
- Contact us
- Download guides, reports, toolkits, and other documents
- Apply for membership
- Login details to access the secure member area of our website
- Complete surveys or provide feedback.
This information may include:
- Name, role and organisation
- Contact details including physical address, email address, telephone and social media handle
- Demographic information such as State and interests.
- Material that you proactively post or contribute to our sites and any other correspondence you have with us.
We also collect information on your website usage, if your browser accepts them. Some of our websites feature tracking software – this means that if you’re a logged-in user, have filled an online form or have previously clicked a link in one of our emails, we may link your website usage information (such as pages visited, IP address, browser and device used) to other information we hold about you, such as your name and organisation. When you contact us by email, letter or on the phone, we may also record this information on our membership relationship management system to help us process your request efficiently.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How do we use your information?” tab_id=”1598959195559-a357cce0-fd32″][vc_column_text]
Specifically, we may use such personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To maintain our own internal membership records.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry or request that you may make.
- To inform and update you of relevant surveys, reports, meetings, workshops, conferences, working groups and consultation exercises that NNNGO may be arranging or participating in.
- To send you periodically the NNNGO Newsletter and Updates to which you have subscribed.
- To communicate with you about your or your organisation’s membership subscription.
- In addition to communication via the website, NNNGO may contact you in writing by e-mail and by telephone for the above purposes.
- We will not pass your personal data to any third party (such as an external public authority or commercial organisation) except where we have asked (for example for completion of a survey) and you have opted out or we are subject to a legal obligation to comply. We do not transfer member personal data outside of Nigeria.
- Occasionally your e-mail address may be visible to other users if you are part of a working group where interaction via e-mail is encouraged.
- Under Data Protection Regulation, NNNGO gathers and processes personal data about individual members and contacts on the legal basis of it being necessary for us to do so in order to fulfil our obligations to our membership and/or in the legitimate interests of NNNGO being able to conduct membership administration and act effectively as a representative body.
Links from our site and security
- Our website may contain links to third party websites. Please note that these are provided for information only and we have no control of websites outside the nnngo.org domain. If you view or provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its data protection and privacy practices and you should always check the privacy policies on that third-party site for information about how your personal data is handled.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Where do we store your information?” tab_id=”1598959249552-4f4df450-ce0d”][vc_column_text]
The forms on our website and others are built using Google forms, so the information you provide to us is initially stored there. In the longer term your data is stored in our membership relationship management system, which is hosted on a local computer and in an external disk secured properly .
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Website accounts” tab_id=”1598959284674-0656b5da-6a5c”][vc_column_text]
If you are a registered user of our website(s), the personal data within your account(s) is stored in secure web servers based in the US. You are responsible for keeping your website account password(s) confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone for your own security.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Security and encryption” tab_id=”1598959308680-c8895576-802e”][vc_column_text]
We take great care to ensure that our websites operate at the highest security levels and that our suppliers are committed to best practice in digital security. All personal information and financial data is encrypted in transmission. While we use appropriate measures to keep data secure from unauthorised or unlawful access, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending data over public networks and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of all personal data disclosed or transmitted to us.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How long do we keep your information?” tab_id=”1598959330468-620fee7b-0c07″][vc_column_text]
We do not keep your information for longer than necessary. We keep financial information for seven years due to legal requirements. We retain personal data about you for as long as you are a subscribing member, or we have you on record as being the designated contact point for a member organisation. Where your individual membership ceases or we are told by you or your member organisation that you are no longer its designated point of contact (for whatever reason), we will remove your contact details from our membership records within a reasonable period (normally up to 28 days). In some exceptional cases, we may retain your details for a period of up to seven years so far as retaining your details is reasonably needed for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Access to your information” tab_id=”1598959366168-33cd7283-3815″][vc_column_text]
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, you can:
- email email@example.com
- write to NNNGO, 15 Ramat Crescent Ogudu GRA, Lagos.
We will not charge you for this service unless the request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive’
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Keeping your information up to date” tab_id=”1598959410771-5911699c-ab02″][vc_column_text]
We want to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please contact us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Sharing your information with other organisations” tab_id=”1598959445675-5229aa3c-0c28″][vc_column_text]
NNNGO will not sell your information to any third party. We may share your information with third parties where we have legal duty to do so or to provide you with a service you have asked for. We have contracts in place with all third-party suppliers to ensure they are obligated to treat our customers’ personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If NNNGO is acquired by a third party or merged with another organisation, personal data held by NCVO will be one of the transferred assets.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Who we are and how to contact us” tab_id=”1598959469489-a3eaff51-283a”][vc_column_text]
NNNGO is registered in Nigeria as Incorporated Trustees. Find out more about NNNGO.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 090 694 60107
- Write to NNNGO, 15 Ramat Crescent Ogudu GRA, Lagos.