nnnn Learn how the NNNGOs is helping its members and nonprofits with Covid-19
Director of Strategic Partnerships, ABLE
Headquarters: Santa Clara, CA
Location: Hybrid, in-office and remote, is preferred. Fully remote is negotiable.
About the Role
African Diaspora Network seeks a Corporate Fundraiser to manage the development and fundraising efforts of Accelerating Black Leadership and Entrepreneurship (ABLE). This individual will work closely with the ABLE team and program advisory committee to cultivate opportunities for expanding ABLE’s revenue model with a wide range of stakeholders, including corporate and institutional partnerships, foundations and government, earned revenue
opportunities, etc. This role will be responsible for securing new funding streams, deepening and growing existing partnerships in support of ABLE and will play a key role in messaging ABLE’s work to the philanthropic ecosystem. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Executive Director. Specific responsibilities will include:
Fundraising and Donor Relations (70%)
● Develop and oversee corporate relations and development strategy to grow and expand ABLE’s revenue model.
● Secure new donors. This position will have a significant focus on bringing in new and diverse donors to ABLE. You will help the management and leadership team build leads, conceive of pitches and new partnerships, and oversee proposal development teams to ensure submission of high-quality concept notes and proposals that are aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities.
● Strengthen stakeholder engagement by identifying and pursuing strategic cultivation and stewardship opportunities to engage, coordinate, and partner with priority global, regional, and national stakeholders to cultivate and grow existing relationships.
● Manage corporate funder relationships, secure sponsorship gifts, and negotiate contracts.
● Provide strategic oversight on high priority partnerships. You will help monitor and track stakeholder priorities and new trends in the field.
● Work with the ADN team to write corporate grants, meeting all corporate proposals and reporting deadlines.
● Conduct research on current and prospective corporate funders, staying up-to-date on funding news and opportunities.
● Be an ambassador and drive ADN’s ABLE program positioning and brand. You will help develop strategies to heighten the accelerator’s profile in the corporate sector and grow our thought leadership among target stakeholders, especially donors. Participate in conferences and events and seek other high-impact opportunities to represent ADN and the ABLE program externally.
Project Management and Administration (30%)
● Develop and manage annual corporate fundraising revenue and expense budget
● Secure sponsorship gifts and negotiate contracts as needed
● Maintain an accurate and complete donor constituent record
● Ensure timely preparation of corporate giving acknowledgements and renewals
● Advise on communications content and asks for online fundraising platforms, social media feeds, and associated communication tools.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and entrepreneurial development and strategic relations professional with an established network, who has experience building relationships with corporations, institutions and individual donors and a proven track record as a fundraiser.
Qualifications and Experience
● Passion for social entrepreneurship and commitment to serving Black entrepreneurs.
● Seasoned in business development (5-7 years) with progressive levels of responsibility
● Demonstrated success in securing high-level corporate partnerships
● Experience with executing a shared strategy for nonprofit corporate relations, development, and philanthropy; donor prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship; direct solicitation of charitable contributions and corporate sponsorships; management of donor relationships; and tracking of fundraising goals
● Knowledgeable of the ins-and-outs of corporate social responsibility, fundraising communications, and the Silicon Valley corporate funder ecosystem
● Ability to interact with and engage diverse audiences from the corporate community
● International work experience, particularly on the continent of Africa, is a plus
● Strategic leadership. You have the leadership acumen and strategic ability to be a thought partner to, and act on behalf of, the Executive Team. You infuse others with your passion for championing a cause and have experience fostering a culture of business development across an organization.
● Focus on results and action bias. You have an ability to balance the big picture, strategic thinking with tactical productivity and attention to detail. You get things done, drive results through others, and don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and pitch in when needed.
● Entrepreneurial spirit. You are a forward thinker who enjoys formulating new strategies, solving problems, and thinking about new and better ways to do things internally and externally. You thrive in a small sized organization and fast-paced environment.
● Outstanding people skills. You bring a demonstrated ability to connect easily with and influence a wide range of individuals from different backgrounds, cultures and levels.
You have experience building trusting and productive relationships with a wide range of colleagues, leaders, consultants and other partners.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Strategic Partnership.” Please include information on past fundraising numbers (total amount raised, percentages toward goals, etc.)